10 Reasons to Join the Ashtabula Yacht Club:
1. Located in the newly renovated Ashtabula Historical Harbor District, within easy and safe walking distance of great restaurants, pubs and shopping that is making Ashtabula Harbor a great destination port. Visit the Marine Museum and the Underground Railroad museum. Check out the Harbor website for restaurants, shopping and fun events. http://www.historicashtabulaharbor.com/ The Ashtabula Harbor, via AYC, is one of the best places to dock in Ohio. The short cruise up the scenic Ashtabula River means our boats are protected from swells and storms compared to other locations along the North Coast of Ohio, and offers hours of pleasure cruising behind the break wall even in the roughest of seas on the lake.
2. We offer a beautifully landscaped yacht club with easy access to your boat. The Clubhouse and Raul's Pavilion comes complete with kitchens and grills for your use, clean and well appointed restrooms, showers, and the friendliest membership on Lake Erie. Also available are: washer and dryer, Wifi, ice by the bag, electric, cable and water hookups, and pump-out station free to members. Gas and Diesel fuel adjacent at Sutherland's Marina.
3. AYC is welcoming to both power and sail boaters. Unlike other marinas and clubs near by, we can accommodate boats between 24' -50' in length and drafts beyond 6 feet.
4. Raul's Pavilion offers: Friday night potlucks (everyone welcome), Movie nights, and Morning Coffee throughout the season.
5. AYC has a diverse wide range of membership of different ages and backgrounds. We strive for a family friendly atmosphere, and have a playground for kids, and pet friendly grounds. We offer educational classes, and a membership willing to assist any new boater in discovering the joy and tradition of a boating lifestyle.
6. Sunday morning Sail Squadron Races and get-togethers beginning in May and running through October, cruising east or west along Lake Erie.
7. Enjoy great reciprocity with other clubs in the United States and Canada -- all through the Great Lakes.
8. Pick your own dates for haul-out or launch with our Travel Lift and store on-site with year round access.
9. We are a boating community helping each other and enjoying great camaraderie. We also partner with Ashtabula YMCA Spirit of America to help teach boating to kids. See their website at http://www.ashtabulaymca.org/SOA
10. AYC is one of the most affordable options and best values to any boater on Lake Erie.
Costs of an AYC membership
a) Full Member Annual dues are $785.00; Dockage is $20 per foot, LOA. If you choose to store your boat onsite over the winter the fee is $256.50 Which includes Haul Out, Storage, and Launch the following Season. Cable TV hook-up is available for a small monthly fee during the boating season. For the average 30 foot boat docked during the season (and stored onsite over the winter) that’s approximately $2,426.50 per year (plus tax and assessments).
b) The initiation fee is only $2,000.00 plus tax. You can pay the fee upfront, or stretch it over a four year period of $500 per year. You will not have voting privileges until you are paid in full. Fill out the application below and return to us at 970 W. 5th Street, P.O. Box 225, Ashtabula, Ohio 44005-0225